Re: catching krib fry

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 Apistodave@aol.com wrote:

> Erik, what lighting would you put on a 150 for plants, it;s 24 tall

Going strictly with the 2-4 watts per gallon "rule of thumb", that would
be a minimum of 300 watts... but the 2-4 wpg rule starts to break down at
larger tanks (see, for instance,
http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Tech/Lighting
for an analysis I did a couple years back).  So you might be OK at 200
watts for lower requirement plants.  If you're going full bore high-tech
CO2-injection and such, a couple of metal halide pendants (pair of 175's
or 250's) would fit the bill.  Lower tech with a hood, I'd maybe try lots
of T-8 fluorescent tubes or maybe "power compacts", those newfangled 96
watt tubes.

Man, you can put a lot of apistos in a 150...

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com