Re: Nannacara taenia

Thanks Kathy,
This is somewhat of a relief to know there is hope that the female at least
will be protective.  I have just removed the tetras from the tank.  I think
now the only real threat to any "fry" would be the Angels in the tank.  If
fry appear the Angels will be removed.  To be honest I cannot tell the sexes
apart in this species, I don't have a clue as to which fish is the "daddy"
as there is never one that remains near the spawning site.  It never rains
but it pours as I notice there is another Taenia peeping out of a small pot.
Also the Uaru pair are about to "do the business."  It's all go in this
hobby and keeps us on our toes or in my case on my knees!  I have everything
crossed hoping there will be fry in the coming days.
Helen