Re: Nannacara taenia

Helen,

I had these guys and they did a good job parenting.  I did not remove the
fry or even the other pair in the tank.  I had two pair in the twenty
gallon with lots of jave fern and bog wood.
I did lose some fry to the other pair, but still raised plenty of fry.

I would watch them and see how your pair does, or remove the male but
leave the female.  I usually give them a chance to raise fry first, then
if they fail and I really want fry ASAP then I siphon the fry out, or pull
the parents.

Good luck, they are cool fish.  I love the spawning colors.

Kathy