Re: Disinfection

I know of no way to disinfect frozen foods without
destroying a large part of its
food value. I would not recommend chlorine, which
is an oxidant like ozone or
peroxide. It will destroy most of the vitamins,
etc. before it completely cleans
out all of the diseases & parasites in the food.
Personally if the frozen food
has thawed, I'd throw it away; if it is made of
some animal that is raised in
septic conditions, I wouldn't use it at all. To be
honest 99% of all frozen foods
are safe if they haven't thawed and been refrozen.
Edison, you have the "luxury"
of raising mosquito larvae & daphnia in clean tubs
all year around (I doubt that
the neighbors will be pleased about the
mosquitos.). This is more of a natural
diet than some other foods. Saltwater organisms
probably are safer to use too
because there are few diseases that infect both
saltwater & freshwater fishes.