Re: Disinfection

In my opinion, Chlorine is not an option for disenfecting anything. The
local water distribution beaurocrats have switched from Chlorine to ozone
purification because of the threat to the environment. It's about the only
smart thing I've seen any government around here do for a long time, they
even alter the water PH to a neutral state to stop the leaching of lead
into the water system from pipe solder. I might suggest ultra violet light
sterilization as a more environmentally safe, not to mention health of your
fish and you, option.