Re: Laetacara thayeri

In a message dated 4/25/2000 10:02:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scottyflag@enter.net writes:

> >I'm not surprised your Thayeri are neurotic, the poor things have
>  repeatedly
>  >spawned with success.  It's in your hands to provide this pair with a tank
>  >away from predators, it's not Thayeri's fault.  You are comparing them to
>  N.  anomala and Kribs which are almost bomb proof when caring for their
young.
>  >I'm sorry but unless you want your Thayeri to be successful parents you
>  will have to give them the tank they require, there's no use complaining
it's
>  the fish's fault...it's yours.
>  >Helen
>
>  Thank You Helen, for a lucid response to a hobbiest who has to put the fish
>  in question first.

who is assigning blame?  i was just mentioning that it seems that these fish
require more room and quiet quarters.  as i said, all my tanks are community
tanks.  if i had a nice house with a basement, i could have separate tanks
for them.  i live in a 1 BR apt. and that's what i can have in terms of tanks
right now.  and don't worry, scott, the fish are not being abused.

tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA