Re: fish stores in denver and colorado springs

Steve,

I've lived in Denver for over 20 years and can say that you picked the perfect season to be in Colorado. The skies are so clear & blue your eyes ache looking at it. The mountains are still white with snow but everything else is fresh and green. The trees are just now leafing out. If, on the other hand you are looking for great aquarium fish, and apistos in particular, I'm sure you live in a better location. Denver & the Springs aren't known for their fish (except trout!). I know of only one store that consistently has rare and unusual fish, and a reasonable number of dwarf cichlids. This is Coco Island Aquatics located down in the rail yards near downtown Denver. It's a hard place to find but it's worth seeing if you are into strange livebearers, corys, and cichlids. Other stores have dwarfs on an off & on basis, but usually they are the more common "popular" species (nijsseni, domestic cacatuoides). Try Golden Fish (Denver & mostly rift lakes), Sherman Tank (Denver), Neptune's Tropicals (Highlands Ranch & heavy in marines), & Catfish Charlie's (Louisville).

Mike Wise

Kim Rogers or Steve Hatfield wrote:

Does anybody know of any good fish stores or people in denver or colorado springs Im going there on my honeymoon in two weeks hopefully I can talk the wife into looking at some fish!!!Thanks Steve