RE: How 'bout that!

Please forgive my ignorance, hopefully someone can alleviate me of it.

Your message has sent me " a researching " and I am now confused???
Could somebody explain the difference between:
Crenicara punctulata; Dicrossus filamentosus; and Crenicara filamentosa
I am finding info and pictures suggesting that these are the same fish.
Is this similar to the naming problem with the Blue Rams?
(i.e. Microgeophagus/Papiliochromis ramerizi)
If so, apologies for wasting your time.

Thanx in advance.