Re: How 'bout that! /Taxonomical changes

You missed out the fact that geo means earth and phagus means eater. We
therefore have 'little earth eater' i.e they move the substrate around as
part of their behaviour. Hence we also have the geophagus (note: no micro)
which are bigger fish with the same interesting excavatorial behaviour.
I think this is all pretty academic because pretty soon modern science is
going to catch up with the fish-keeping world and _all_ fish taxonomy is
going to be re-organised because we'll be doing genetic fingerprinting of
them and we'll be able to have a definitive evaluation. This is happening in
the plant world and is causing all sorts of surprises. Guess which plant is
most closely related to the Chinese Lotus? Give up? The London Plain
(Plane?) tree.lol!
Nice opportunity to have a purely academic debate though;-)
Colin