Re: Hard hard water

hey Bill,
    I am also in west Michigan and my water is about pH 7.6 and hardness
around 15. the way i deal with the problem for my 22 apisto Rio molone fry
that i recently won at an action is to filter the water though a 1 liter
bottle stuffed with peat moss. this is simple all you do is poke holes in the
bottom and top. attach an airline tubing though the top and put the other end
in the sink attached to a water pump ( in my case a Rio 50) i like the water
moving slowly though the peat thus giving it more time to take out the
hardness. sometimes i even treat it like a siphon and put the bottle in a
bucket on the floor. this takes a while about 1 gallon every 15-20 min. but
it brings my water to pH of 6.0 and hardness of 1-4. Hope this helps.
Capt'n PATS