Re: off topic: croaking tetra?

Thanks for the link Tom, I just read Randy's article. Fascinating. I just
thought I had picked up some unusual dithers for my gephyra...looks like
I'll need to give them a tank of their own to get the full appreciation.
thanks again

>Hi Steven
>
>One of the most interesting aspects of this tetra, (I currently have 8 of
>them) is that they practice internal fertilization. They male places a sperm
>packet into the female who is capable of holding the packet for a later time
>to lay fertile eggs without a male present. Randy Cary has an aricle on this
>fish on his website. <A HREF="http://characin.com/carey/index.html">Randy's
>Fishroom : for serious and up-&-coming aquarists</A>
>
>Tom

                              Steven J. Waldron

                             http://WWW.ANURA.ORG
               "Natural History, Captive Husbandry, Conservation and
                           Biophilia of Tropical Frogs"