Female looking sick :(

You may remember me as the one with the two apistos in the 3 gallon tank.
Too small, I agree, and I am working on cycling a 15 gallon tank for them
both.  I went looking for the female today in the 3 gallon and found her
cowering behind a pot.  I hadn't seen her in a couple days, so I pulled
away the pot and she could barely swim.  Her fins are shredded and her
stomach is caved in like she hasn't eaten in days.  The male must have
harassed her alot.  So I got her out of there and into an
undergravel-filtered fish bowl for the time being.  I hope the 15 gallon
hurries up and cycles.  And I hope she recovers.

Susan