RE: Female looking sick :(

Remember well.
I don't exactly know what to tell you about your female.
I recently moved the ten fry I was raising in a five gallon.
I could never get that thing to cycle. I am convinced that at that size of a
tank they are just way to unstable.
After the fry were a half an inch long in the five I moved all ten of them
out to a twenty.
Apistos are usually pretty hardy fish. As for being able to survive in a
three gallon tank. I am not so sure.
Usually one inch per gallon. This does not really apply to a three gallon
tank.
As for her belly problem I really don't know enough about it or the types of
problems apistos are prone to.
Therefore I would have to direct you elsewhere for help with that.
The only thing I would possibly suggest is that you put her in the fifteen
right away and do more water changes while it continues to cycle.
This would likely be better for her than being crammed into something
smaller that the three gallon.

Best of luck.
Kyle