Re: Serious

I'm no doctor or vet, but it is quite unusual to find pathogens which
are able to be effective in many different organisms, especially if they
have to enter via the stomach, it's a pretty dangerous entry route
because of all the acids and enzimes. I would expect that E.coli is
relatively species specific.
If you are really worried, have a word with a vet., they'll be able to
give you specific info. about this (the advice should be free:-)).
Colin