Re: Serious

Stuart

It may be different regarding antibiotic use in other parts of the world
but in Australia the problem has been one of over prescription of the drugs
- antibiotics cannot be purchased in Australia without prescription.

I have never known a rhinovirus to be inactivated by any antibiotic - and
yet many doctors prescribe antibiotics for the "common cold". OK, there is
the possibility of secondary bacterial infection but any healthy person
will not succumb to secondary infection.

I would disagree with you on the question of antibiotic resistant strains
being no more virulent than normal strains. But that is for another day