RE: Feeding

I was just wondering what people were doing in response to the current
unacceptably high price of brine shrimp eggs?  Are you looking for or using
alternatives foods?  What are your successes and failures?  Or, are you
simply paying the price?

I have eliminated bbs from my food regimen because I just refuse to pay
those prices.  I keep killies, US natives and of course Dwarf Cichlids.  I
am replacing bbs with Moina macrocopa and mosquito larvae.  I am still in
the tweaking stages of producing the optimal culture for the least amount of
time investment.
I have grindals, paramecium cultures, flake and frozen food as well that I
feed weekly.  I don't notice any difference in adult and juvenile fish
health at this point.  Fry health and production is something I haven't
observed as I have just started this.  To be quite honest, I don't think I'm
going to miss bbs all that much.  Any thoughts?
-Brett