Questions about raising apisto and other fry...

Hi bob,

ah I C.. thanks..
i haven't been successful with raising my borelli fry for the last 3
batches.. they die after the 3rd day for some reason?!?!

but i pull them out around 3 ~ 4 days after I see them free swimming...

I have a lot of troubles raising german ram fry too... I think it's because
some eggs fungus and I don't pick off them fast enough.. i'll try the
malifix next time..

as for artificial hatching eggs.. angels are the easiest for me.. don't know
why... maybe I spent more time picking out the dead eggs.. or maybe angel
fish are easier to raise? compared to ram fry...

any comments? (i also forwared this e-mail to the list)
thanks
Raymond Wong

>Raymond-
>You're welcome.  Any time at all, just hit the list, and someone will give
>you answers.
>Think of it like this- If you change 10% of the water at a time, the
>difference in water chemistry doesn't change rapidlly enough to have any
>significant effect.  The only thing you have to watch for is a temperature
>difference of more than 15º F.  You should be able to get closer than that
>just by sticking your fingers in the new water and the tank.  Even with a
>ten
>percent change and 15º difference, you end up with a temperature change in
>the tank of only 1.5º.  After they are feww-swimming for a week or so, even
>that isn't as critical.
>
>Bob

Thank You
Raymond Wong

Please Visit My Aquarium Page : (adding more pix everyday) (Pictures of my
fish,plants,tanks)
http://welcome.to/myapisto