Kribensis pair questions

Ok, I've had this pair a while now, and they've had one brood.  The female
since then got sick with some kind of bacterial infection, which I treated
in a separate tank.  Now she wants nothing to do with my male, and a second
female that I purchased because I was tired of waiting <blah, I know, mean>
got popeye and died.  Should I net the preveiously sick female out of the
tank and put her back into the sick tank, and try a new female from the
store?  I really do want another brood as soon as possible :}

Thanks,
Sue