Re: Crenicara and Spectrum Food

Pete Liptrot wrote:
Someone else was asking about New Life Spectrum foods. I
obtained some of three different grades a couple of weeks ago to
try out. Some of the fine grade made it's way home to try out on
my Biotodoma, Satanoperca and other fish, the rest has stayed
here at work. I know it's only been a short length of time but as
long as I can get a reliable source it's going to be a staple part of
the diet for my fish at home from now on. The fish respond to it
more eagerly than any other dry food, and even small Tetras can
deal with the fine grade. So it gets my vote. Haven't tried it on
Apisto's other than steindachneri, but they'd eat sawdust if it was
offered. Some species won't eat dry food no matter what it is, but if
they're going to eat any it'll be this.

Pete Liptrot
Bolton Museum Aquarium
Le Mans Crescent, Bolton BL1 1SE
01204 332200

If you have larger cichlids like Satanoperca then a must try is Hikari
Carnivore Pellets.  All my fish, including the guppies, go wild over this.
It's verrrrry fishy smelling and attracts like nothing else. (Wash your
hands after handling....)   I've cut down the frozen foods because they like
this better.  I think they must be addictive.  Compared to other pellet or
dry food, they are expensive, but for growth and enthusiasm nothing comes
close.

G. Kadar