P. taeniatus 'Nigerian Red' / A. borelli / Regular Krib Questions?!

Hello everybody,

I recently received some credit from my LFS for trading in some plants (i
know this is not the plants list..) these are the things I received...
1)15 gallon tank
2)300 watt heater
3)I suppose a pair of P. taeniatus 'Nigerian Red'

here goes the question :
How do I sex them? does the male have red markings on his face whereas the
female have yellow markings? or am I totally wrong? or is it just 2 differnt
color species of the fish and i made a terrible mistake.. (ahh...)

I've placed them in the 15 gallon tank along with a few plants and also give
them a few pots hopefully they'll breed in them.. right now I never see them
they're always hiding in the pot...
the water's pH is around 6.7 and is very soft...

Any specific hints on breeding them? (Have been reading over thekrib.com
lately)

The male's around 2 inches in length and the female's a little bit
smaller... (i hope that's a female)

Other than that I've got 2 pairs of A. borelli that spawned with free
swimming fry in 15 gallon for one pair and a 10 gallon for the other pair..
for the 10 gallon I've removed the male.. but I can never get fry after the
4 ~ 5th day...?!?!

Also my regular kribs spawned again and there's a free swiming school of I'd
say around 60 ~ 70 of them in the tanks with their parents... looks cool a
ball of fry wondering all around the tank..( also in a 15 gallon tank)

and I have some 2 month old krib fry in a 5 gallon tank (12 of them..
aproaching the 1.5 cm mark..) is that normal growth rate? or a little bit
small.. been feeding them decapsulated brine shrimp eggs for the 1st month
or so... and feeding some smaller 'live white worms' I believe they're
taking small flake food also..

Oh yeah anybody want some e. ozelot plantlets? 3 ~ 4 " leaves.. e-mail me
about it..

thanks
Raymond Wong
http://welcome.to/myapisto