Sacrimontis or pulcher ?

Hi all,

I've got a few questions so I'll just list them;

1. Will sacrimontis hybridise with pulcher ? The reason I ask is that I have
a beautiful male pulcher that I had spent a long time searching for a nice
female for. I finally found one and placed them together and so far
nothing - not even the slightest display by the female and they have been
together about 2 months. I bought her in a shop that was full of nice big
males that I thought looked rather nice. Some had tail spots others didn't.
I bought a nice male for a friend that had one tail spot, no dorsal spots,
but a broad black patch on his dorsal. I put the new big male in with my
pair to settle down before my friend picked it up in a day or two and the
instant I let him free the female I originally had turned almost black,
coloured up and began arching and quivering in front of the new male. Of
course the two males began to fight requiring separation.  Do you think I
could have bought a sacrimontis by mistake and does this explain why the
original pair didn't begin to spawn ?

2. A book I have has a pic of Pelvicachromis cf. pulcher that has lots more
red than a pulcher, is bigger and is stated to be more robust and vigorous.
I this the same as P. sacrimontis ?

3. The book also says that there is two distinct forms of cf. pulcher - one
that is covered with red from the mouth to the anal fin and another which
has red colouring similar to P. pulcher. The new male I have has a red strip
about 3mm long along the edge of the bottom jaw. Question is how do you tell
male and female P. sacrimontis from P. pulcher ?

I have pics of both if that will help.

TIA

Simon Voorwinde
http://thecichlidtank.cjb.net