Re: RO Units

In a message dated 8/2/00 11:44:47 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
bkemker@mailer.fsu.edu writes:

> I am about to invest in an RO unit.  Any suggestions?

Yes.  I suggest you take a long hard look at Deionizers.  Compare the
long-term cost of new filters for the RO vs. recharging chemicals for DI
resins, then figure in the cost per gallon of the RO "waste water" that you
will be dumping down the drain unless you can find a way to recycle it (DI
doesn't have waste water.  Well, okay, a couple gallons when you first
re-charge). Also consider the impact of losing the waste water from your
local water supply, and the community in general.  In some parts of the
world, and even here in the US, the actual cost of water runs way beyond the
cash price on your water bill.

Bob Dixon
Cichlid Trader List Administrator
http://cichlidtrader.listbot.com