Re: testing?

In a message dated 8/10/00 7:47:16 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
BigJohnW@webtv.net writes:

> Ok I've got a question for you all.   Does pH really hinder some species
>  from spawning or does it trigger them to spawn all the time?

Simply put- You bet.  Every time.  Every species... Well, every Apisto at
least.  I have found that angels will spawn over a wide range of pH and
hardness, but will only tend their fry at pH levels in the 6.0 to 6.5 range
and hardness around 3 degrees GH and KH.  Tetras, rasboras and lots of cats
are also pH and hardness sensitive.  As long as you've been on this list, I'm
surprised this is news to you.

Bob Dixon