Re: Nannacara Anomala

Steve,

Nannacara anomala females are exceptional parents
and take excellent care of their fry. I have even
seen them chew up flakes and larger frozen food
and spit it into their swarm of fry for food. They
defend their fry from fish many times their own
size. As for males, I once had a male take over
care of fry when the female unexpectedly died. It
was strange to see him take on the lattice like
pattern of a brooding female. I would only remove
the male if you see him being harassed by the
female. If there are hiding places for him, and
dither fish to keep him busy, he should be OK.

Mike Wise