Re: Aequidens Maroni

They are really neat fish.  Peaceful, cute, plant-loving, not particular about foods and not too big.  The only thing that keeps them from being more popular is their lack of spectacular coloration, their shyness and their image among hobbyists as being "stupid" parents.

Vinny

I was thinking of trying Keyholes as well. I've got a four foot heavily
planted tank with rummies, pencils and a few ageing assorted apisto females
(Ph 6.5, very soft, 27 degrees). I thought I might start with four juvenile
Keyholes.

Does anyone have any adverse comments on the traits of these fish - messy,
pushy, plant nibblers, grow too big, etc?