Apistogramma nijsseni

Hello All, I have what I am assured is a pair of F1 Apisto. nijsseni.  They
are quite small (1"), the female is the two spot variety and very black > 60%
body colour and from behaviour and bulk is ready to spawn. The 'male' has a
hint of pale blue body sheen when feeding but is otherwise light brown, he
also has two small black body spots, one just forward of mid body and one on
the caudal peduncle.  Has anyone heard of male nijsseni having body spots
(could this be a juvenille trait) or do I have a 'sneaker female' in the
absence of any real male.

TIA Alan W