Re: cucarachas

I'll answer on the list, because these things happen around aquariums. I
remember my lovely new apartment, and my discovery of the neighbours in
the wallpaper... I had a landlord who sprayed without informing us after
entering the apt illegally. I lost a lot of fish, especially as it took
me a week to find out why. That was a worst case scenario, and I lost
all my surface fish. Still, the bottom dwellers were unaffected.
Later, with plastic covered tanks (tight) and the filters turned off to
not suck in air, I had zero mortality.
A friend with a huge set-up and exotic roaches from his importations
had the exterminator use a paste type bait. Within a week, the place,
which had been crawling, was relatively roach free. His fish had no
problems with that stuff, but while effective, I think it cost more.
Good luck and check your cornflakes...
-Gary