Re: My fish are dieing, but only the apistos

In a message dated 10/4/00 5:16:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
emartina@uiuc.edu writes:

> I am feeding them frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms. Does any
>  one have any ideas?

Here's my idea.  The frozen bloodworm sinks to the bottom, where the apistos
have an advantage in trying to stuff themselves on it.  Many people report
deaths when feeding frozen or live bloodworms.  Recent evaluations of some of
these fish indicates that they may simply be gorging themselves.  Watch how
much you feed them and how much the apistos are actually getting.  Just a
hunch.

Bob Dixon