RE: My fish are dieing, but only the apistos

>Where are you sourcing your fish from?

I honestly do not know where my LFS is getting their fish from, I will look
into that.

>Sorry I can't shed more light at this point, could you provide more
>information on filtration, other foods offered etc.
>Pete Liptrot
>Bolton Museum Aquarium
>Le Mans Crescent, Bolton BL1 1SE
>01204 332200

As for Filtration, I am using an under gravel filter with air stones. I am
not using a power head because I read somewhere that apistos don't like a
lot of current, is that correct? I also have an over the side Whisper-type
filter. (It is not actually a Whisper, it is some off brand that looks, and
works, exactly the same) I feed them mainly frozen blood worms and frozen
brine shrimp. I gave them live brine shrimp twice a while ago, and once in a
while I give them freeze dried tubifex worm.

6 of the 8 fish that have died on me have been cacatuoids (I didn't have all
6 at the same time, I just kept replacing them when they died) and have come
from the same tank in the LFS. Coincidently this tank is one of only 3 tanks
in the store that is NOT on the central filtration system. I think it is
because they have discus in the tank and the water is warmer and softer than
for the other fish. Other fish that I have bought from this LFS have been
fine, including my macmasteri and blue ram. Could this be part of the
problem?

Yesterday I bought two pair of agassizii from a different LFS. (Actually he
sold me one of the pair as cacatuoids, but I am pretty sure they are
agassiziis. At least the male, he doesn't have the spiky dorsal fin like the
other cacatuoids I have seen) We shall see if these guys make it.

Eric Martina

Archives"!