RE: CO2

>As for compressed gas, which I use now, it has drawbacks. My biggest
>complain is having to refill the tube since it's very expensive over
>here, don't know about the US. You also have to get a magnetic valve
>unless you want to add CO2 overnight (expensive in Sweden, maybe not
>where you live).

As I said before I am just starting to look into this. I talked to a guy at
my LFS and he said that the gas system is more expensive initially (the
Ehiem system he had was $200, plus $100 for a CO2 tank) but in the long run
it was cheaper (only $11 to refill the tank which he said I would need to do
every 4~5 months). The electrical method was cheaper to start (I think the
Ehiem unit he had was about $150) but more expensive in the long run ($35
ever 2~3 months for new anode and cathode). He didn't say anything about the
chemical ones, probably because he didn't sell any!

I still am not sure if I need/want one. Is there any good way to test the
CO2 concentration in my tank? The only place I have seen a CO2 tester was in
a large testing kit. Since I already have a bunch of testing solutions I
don't want to buy them again. Does anyone know anyplace online that sells
just CO2 testing kits? Thanks!

Eric Martina

Archives"!