10 to small?

I have a spare 10 gallon tank with a whisper filter on it. Instead of having
it just sit unused in my closet I was wondering if I could use it as a
breeding tank (plus I can try to get back some of the money I have spent on
my community apisto tank), or is it to small? I am assuming that the Whisper
filter isn't enough either, what type of filter should I use in conjunction
with it/in place of it? Which apistos are easiest to breed (and sell)?
Thanks!