Re: news species info

John,

If I hadn't had my tea (I love the smell, but hate
the taste of coffee.) or that
"blue stuff" already, I would be mean and just say
subscribe to DATZ, Das
Aquarium, Tetra Informationen, & Aqua-Magazine
(Tokyo). But I won't.

I understand your problem. Way too many new
species are available and sadly no
one is writing about them in English language
publications. Nearly all of the
dedicated d.c. "experts" don't write for English
publications. Hopefully this
will change when new d.c. books come on line next
year. Yeah, I know, you've
heard this "song & dance" before. This time
publication & distribution shouldn't
be problems. That's all I'm willing to say on the
subject right now. Still, books
are usually dated before they are printed.

For now all you can do is ask questions of people
here and elsewhere, and see
what happens. I try to keep ASG members updated on
the more important new species
in the Apisto-gram, but it's hard to do this in a
quarterly publication. Another
important thing we all can do, but almost no one
does,  is WRITE! Too many of us
have these fish but don't report anything on them.
Information not communicated
isn't information at all.

Mike Wise