Re: Really soft water

At 07:59 AM 10/17/00 -0600, Mike & Diane Wise wrote:
>I know of no fish that can live in pure R/O water.

I think this depends a lot on how crummy the water is to begin with and
what kind of shape the RO unit and its membrane are in and how the waste
control is set.   A bad enough RO will simply  put out what it gets in, and
if your fish can live in that they are fine.

I would bet that many apistos and neons could live in six nines water. (1
ppm TDS)

--
Dave Gomberg, San Francisco            mailto:gomberg@wcf.com
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam