Tankmate selection for Hemichromis bimaculatus

Hi all,
Sorry for the length of this message.  Perhaps this is folly, but I'm
trying to find tankmates for a breeding pair of H.  bimaculatus that
I've got in a 56gal "tall" tank.  The pair have spawned three times
since I brought them home last month, and killed all of their
Moenkhausia sanctaefilomenae dithers within the last 24 hours.  This
batch of fry, on the other hand, are free swimming and will soon
overrun the whole tank.  Does anyone have any suggestions for hardier
tankmates (the tetras didn't show any signs of body damage, just
exhaustion from the bullying), who might also help keep the total
surviving fry population down?  I don't currently have an outlet for
these youngsters so one or two really successful spawns and I'll
flood the LFS and they won't like me any more.  I'm not too concerned
with staying within the confines of Africa for species selection (I
don't know if I have access to any Distichodus spp. anyway), so
anything that can stand up to the aggression and live at 75 degrees
in East Bay water (very soft, neutral to mildly acidic straight out
of the tap, lucky me) will fit the bill.  Or maybe I'll just go buy a
big Synodontid and forget about the spawning altogether!

Oh, does anyone want any H. bimaculatus fry?

Thanks,
Sarah LeGates