Re: Apistogramma njisseni, cruzi, eunotus and cacatuoides

In a message dated 11/4/00 7:59:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BigJohnW@webtv.net writes:

<< Whats a fellow UNYKA guy doing raising apistos?   Glad to hear that you
 are though!!

I've always been a big Cichlid fan, but just a bigger killi fan!

I'va had spawns from the cruzi, but no fry yet (spawns were in community tank
that housed some curviceps I got at Dave's place in August). I may have had
spawns from the eunotus, they too are in a community tank with some
angelfish, but there are lots of places for them to hide a spawn in that
particular tank. They have acted as though they would spawn. The cacatuoides
and njisseni are newly acquired. I guess my 7.0 water and 100 ppm hardness
should be dealt with for the njisseni. I'll keep trying with the regular tap
water for the rest of them, for now. I plan to set each species up in there
own tanks, probably 20Ls, eventually. The njisseni are already set-up.

Thanks for the info.

Joel Antkowiak