Re: 4 Borellis and a 29

In a message dated 06/11/00 05:13:28 GMT Standard Time, emartina@uiuc.edu
writes:

> Any hints on how to get borellis to breed? Thanks!

I haven't spawned them as I can't keep weight on the females - I suspect my
water is too warm at 78-80 F.  As far as male-male aggression is concerned,
they weren't actually aggressive, but if they saw each other they'd display
for ages, to the extent of ignoring food (even live midge larvae) so to get
them in condition I'd seperate males.

As it is fairly easy to provide females with caves the male can't get into
theres no reason why pairs wouldn't work - and of course the pair in the
community tank will spawn first ;-)

Alan W

Alan W