Re: suitable tank mate

> Frank,
>
> If I remember correctly Hengel's Harlequin Rasbora is the same fish as
> R. espei, a.k.a. Lambchop Rasbora. They should be OK as dithers since
> they stay small and handle the same water conditions as most apistos.
> They will probably pick off a few more fry than would fish like
> pencilfish & hatchetfish, however.
>
> Mike Wise
In the latest edition of Aquarist and Pondkeeper there is an article
defining the differences between "R." espei and "R." hengeli.
I place the genus in parenthesis because these two species, along
with heteromorpha, have been given a new genus name(but I can't
remember what or by whom off the top of my head!)
Regardless of this though, I agree with Mike's comments on their
suitability as dithers for Dwarf Cichlids(he says just to bring it back
on topic).

Pete Liptrot
Bolton Museum Aquarium
Le Mans Crescent, Bolton BL1 1SE