Re: Your opinion

>>I never seem to have this problem with my metal frame tanks.

The metal bracing takes the stress of the water pressure, leaving the silicone as a sealer only.  All glass tanks use the silicone as a "glue" to hold the panes together.  So it's doing both jobs, sealing the seams and holding the joint together.

With all of the retro stuff in the market today, I'm surprised we don't see metal frames on the market.  Of course they are more expensive to make, but then most of the retro stuff costs more than their modern equivalents.  Hmmm...  maybe there's an opportunity there.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/william_vannerson