Re: Apisto sickness?

On 9 Nov 2000,, Mike & Diane Wise wrote:

> Beats me, I've never heard of a disease specific toward apistos.

I think its the cause of why 90% of store bought rams die 2 days
after purchase: bad prior or current house keeping.
Solution: peat filtration coupled with lots of oak leaves on the
bottom of the tank. The low pH and tannins keep bacterial and
fungal infections to a minimum and make them all look and feel
happy.

(The Ram remark stems from the Asian rams which are imported.
While being fed tubifex at the farm they are quite happy but put
them in a bag and the bacteria go wild. 2 more baggings and they
are dead in your tank.:-()

Bye

Tyrone Genade
http://www.geocities.com/tyronegenade/intro.html

Department Biochemistry        Molecular Cell Physiology Lab
University of Stellenbosch              Ph: +27-021-808-5880
Republic of South Africa               fax: +27-021-808-5863