Altering Water

First, thanks for the info on warmer water apistos.  It was much
appreciated.

The main reason for my present inquiry is I'm looking for ideas on how
to best get water I need to age into a tank.  The situation.. I picked
up 10 Altum Angels at a great deal.  However, the water company raised
the pH so now I need to alter it.  I'm looking into an RO/DI unit for
that because the chemicals are just getting annoying.

My question.. to those of you who also need to alter water, how exactly
do you do it?  I'm thinking storing the treated water in a 30g
rubbermaid container then pumping it into the main tank.  Are there are
any better ways out there?  I apologize for this not being based around
apistos, but I figure the water conditioning relates.. I hope?
Thanks
Steve