RE: Altering Water

I am not an expert on RO units, but I am pretty sure that they do not effect
pH. I use a RO unit right now and the water that it makes is very soft,
around 10 ppm, but the pH is very high, around 8.2. I use chemicals to lower
the pH. You can also filter your water through peat, it will stain the water
a bit though. Which is why I don't use peat. My tank is right next to my
girlfriends tank that she keeps very clear. If I use peat and stain the
water it just looks bad next hers.

Eric