Re: Altering Water

In a message dated 11/13/00 1:03:52 AM Mountain Standard Time,
festae00@yahoo.com writes:

> At that point, it's a simple matter of playing around with different
>  ratios of tap to ro till the right balance is achieved.  By balance, I
mean
> pH
>  and hardness.  Hopefully i'm somewhat right :)

Not necessarily.  If you mix pure water with tap water, you will end up with
a pH somewhere between 6.6(the "theoretical" pH of pure water that has
dissolved the amount of CO2 proportionate to atmospheric concentration) and
the pH of your tap water.  If you have base water(above pH 7.0, you will not
automatiucally get acid water by mixing DI water and tap water.

Bob Dixon