Re: Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis

Steve,

In Dr. Kullander's 1998 article "A phylogeny and classification of the South
American Cichlidae (Teleostei: Perciformes)" in Malabarba, L. et. al. (eds.)
Phylogeny and classification of Neotropical fishes, Porto Alegre, Brazil,
p.461-498. Kullander wrote that the genera Apistogrammoides and Taeniacara are
sufficiently similar to Apistogramma that they could be considered part of this
genus. I don't know if this is sufficient to actually eradicate the 2 genera. On
my apisto list I have them listed as Apistogramma (Apistogrammoides)
pucallpaensis & Apistogramma (Taeniacara) candidi only for the sake of
completeness.

Mike Wise