Intestinal Worms!!

Hey all,
here's a lovely topic for discussion on Thanksgiving.  About a week
ago, I noticed my female H. bimaculatus had some material hanging
from her anus.  At first I thought it might be some sort of partially
digested vegetative matter (which she doesn't eat), but the material
hasn't passed since then.  She appears to have a nice (un) healthy
batch of intestinal worms hanging out (literally) and doing their
thing--they are brown and the exposed worms are about 1-2 mm long and
look like hairs.  She's eating fine and behaving normally, and shows
no sign of weight loss or harm from the worms (yet).  She just
spawned 2 days ago, so she can't be feeling all that bad.  The
Baensch atlas identifies these worms as nematodes and helpfully
suggests that I destroy all the fish in the tank, break it down, and
sterilize everything with bleach.  Does anyone have a better
suggestion?  I know there was a thread a while back about useful
veterinary wormers and their appropriate dosage; if this information
is floating around in an archive somewhere, could someone tell me
where it is?  Lastly, is there any possibility of cross infection to
people?  I spend a lot of time with my hands in that tank and...eew.

Thanks,

Sarah LeGates