Re: death tank? - long

It sounds to me like you have some warfare between the breeders and their
conspecifics.  Many "peaceful" dwarves IME are less tolerant of their owm
kind than of the dither fish when spawning.  Your next problem will be the
aggies.  I hope for your sake the aggies and the curviceps pick opposite ends
of the tank.  Yes, it's a big one, but not as big as the rivers they inhabit
in the wild.

As for using the conductivity to dose fertilizer, I can see where that may
become ineffective.  Over time you may have some hardening of the water due
to evaporation and topping off, as well as metabolic waste that will raise
conductivity.  It may be better to use a conventional indicator like iron
levels to keep nutrients at a desired level.

Bob Dixon