Re: Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis

Steve Lasky wrote:

> Mike,
> Thanks a lot for the info.  Atleast my memory wasn't
> totally wrong, just a little picky in what it
> remembered :)

Steve,

I hope you don't think that I'm able to pull this off of the top of my head! My
answers usually are based on a lot of correspondence with other hobbyists,
checking references, etc. - much of it unpublished. That's why this list is so
important. We all learn something from it, whether beginner or 'expert' (whatever
that is!). Questions like yours are always a welcome part of my day!

> Would you happen to know where I could
> get a copy of the paper you cited (and scientific
> papers in general)?

The paper cited is from a symposium held in Porto Alegre, Brazil. The symposium
text is difficult to get. I don't have it yet, only synopses of parts of it. I
have two people who promised to send relevant parts to me but haven't yet (I'd
bug them more than I do, but 'beggars shouldn't demand'.)

My dwarf cichlid reference library is now well over 800 books and papers. It is
nowhere near the size of the reference list in the back of Römer's Atlas (~1500),
but it is fairly extensive. I have always had a standing offer to members of the
ASG that I would send copies (within reason) of papers from my library for the
cost of copying & mailing. I hope this helps.

Speaking of Römer's Atlas, it looks like the English version will finally be
available soon. David Soares is taking orders for the English edition right now.
Prices range from $69.80 to $49.50 depending on timing and other conditions.
Check the October Buntbarsche Bulletin or David for the details.

Mike Wise