Dicrossus "Rio Negro"

Ohmygosh, I think I might have just spawned them.

Can you believe it?

80ish% DI water, 20% Houston tapwater, a Carbo-Plus CO2 thingy . . .
bloodworms, beef heart, filtering over peat, pH 5.0 . . . LOW LOW LOW
hardness.

I've got a female with bright red ventral fins who's very protective
of the underside of a leaf.  I can't quite see the back of the leaf,
but if I recall the discussion correctly, often the freshly-spawned
female's ventrals will be deep red.  She'd had a single line (along
the lateral line) recently, no checks; now it's back to some checks
with the ventrals.

Thoughts?

I'm scared to look behind the leaf!

Stuart