Re:

2 tablespoons of salt per quart is what I had read.  In my experience, temperature between 82 - 86 degrees has been the best.  I think you would see a difference with the temperature change.  You can always consider bad eggs if you have had them awhile.  I hope this helps.
Bonny

----- Original Message -----
From: jonathan
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 7:20 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com

Hi gang! I am having terrible hatch rates with Brine Shrimp cysts (Artemia
spp.). I am using a heater keeping the hatchery at about 75 F, I used 50%
seawater and 50% freshwater to achieve a specific gravity of 1.014 (as
recommended by the package instructions). I use airstones for circulation
and aeration. I can only guess that the salinity is inappropriate. I used
to hatch brine shrimp with great success years ago. I seem to remember
using something like a tablespoon (3 teaspoons) of salt per gallon (1.004
specific gravity). What salinity level (ppm)/ specific gravity/ teaspoons
or tablespoons of salt per gallon has been successful for you fellow
aquarists?

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Fung... Reef Geek
Dalhousie University Honours Marine Biology
Aqua Creations Inc. Assistant Manager
writer for Marine Fish Monthly