Re: Hatching Brine Shrimp

In a message dated 28/12/00 06:24:59 GMT Standard Time, BigJohnW@webtv.net
writes:

>   So my recomendation is to try using marine salts.

I'll echo John on this, I use marine salt mix at 3tsp per litre at 80 F the
nauplii live longer at the higher pH given by marine salt v's tank salt. I've
also found San Fransisco Bay brand eggs fairly good (90% in 24hrs), and the
small size was very good for Dicrossus filamentosa fry.

I usually use 'blanket bombing' of microworm for most first fry broods (they
last in the water for much longer and so are safer fed to excess) for almost
all my dwarfs.

Alan W