Re: ApistoGram. Does it still exist??

"John N. Alegre" wrote:

> At what age are Apistos, specifically A. trifaciata sexually mature?

This isn't an easy question to answer. Sexual maturity in tropical fish depends on
many factors, including water quality, food quality and frequency, temperature,
etc. Many apistos can be "pushed" to show their sex at around 3 months off age but
this doesn't mean they are sexually mature. Usually this occurs somewhere between
5 to 10 months for most hobbyists. The same goes for A. trifasciata.

> My second question is in regards to a publication I have seen referred to in
> some of the literature I have.  It is a reference to a journal called
> ApistoGram.  Does this journal still exist?  If so where can I get more
> information on subscriptions and back issues.

The Apisto-gram is the quarterly journal of the Apistogramma Study Group. I
received my most recent issue just before Christmas. The group has been regularly
active since the mid 80s. Check their web page at
http://mc.net/~warewolf/apisto.html for more information.

Mike Wise